National Lockdown Part 3
Under current government guidelines we will remain open as normal, this is so we are able to support the construction and building industry.
Please follow all Social distancing, Mask wearing and Hand sanitising while instore.
However please make sure that your journey and requirements are absolutely necessary.
You are also able to arrange a Click & Collect or Delivery via our website.
Plymouth Move to Tier 3
We are open as normal, please ensure you wear a mask & socially distance while in the stock and carpark / yard areas.
New Instore COVID Guidance
From Thursday 5th November the wearing of face masks will be compulsory in our store, this is to protect our staff & customers.
If you have an exemption please either phone & collect (Bring payment card on collection), click & collect or arrange a delivery. (Collection area is separate from main store).
Being exempt from face coverings DOES NOT make you immune to the virus you can still spread it.
Sanitize at entrance & keep to 2 metre distancing.
National Lockdown Part 2
Further to the Prime Ministers announcement on Saturday 31st October, we would like to notify that our customers that the Cattedown branch of Totem will remain open as normal thoughout the lockdown.
However the Mutley shop will be closed from Thursday 5th November until Wednesday 2nd December.
Our opening hours at present will remain the same but may need adjusting if required, please watch this space for updates.
As well as the stock availability issues notified previously, the following updates to be added.
- PIR Insulation Boards – National shortage of key ingredient, so stock allocation is in place.
- OSB/Sterling Board – On alloction so there will be shortages in stock
- MDF – Limited availability – Only 9/18/25mm available until January 2021
- Planed softwoods – 3 week delivery leadtimes.
As of Monday 19th October the Mutley Plain Home & Hardware shop will be fully open on the following days & hours
Monday to Friday – 09.00 to 12.30 & 13.00 to 17.00
Saturday & Sunday – Closed.
Currently there are many stock issues nationally, the following is by no means everything.
- Fencing Timber – Currently approx 4 weeks
- Plaster – On alloction nationally
- Fence Panels – 4 weeks
- Treated Graded Carcassing – Very little available in the country, we are trying to get stock as we can.
- Concrete Fencing – 8 weeks
- Plasterboard – On allocation nationally
Please bear with us during this difficult time, this is a national issue…
We are proud to have set an explemary standard with the precautions and procedures we’ve put in place to support the effort to stem the spread of Covid-19 and ensure that both you and our staff are as safe as possible when at Totem
Following yesterday’s government announcement of increased restrictions and measures to combat the recent upsurge in infection rate, we wanted to reassure you that all the measures we have maintained remain in place in accordance with Public Health England guidelines. Our staff will continue to wear face masks to comply with latest regulations as they have done since the start
Please ensure you follow the 3 steps below:
- Please comply with the procedures we request when you visit. Everyone needs to take individual responsibility to minimise the chance of the virus spreading. We ask you to remain vigilant in maintaining a 2m separation from others, to ensure that you bring a face covering when you visit. You will now have to wear a face covering at all times when at a Bradfords branch, both in our shops and now in our yards too. Finally, please don’t enter our shops without first using our wash stations at the shop entrances to clean your hands.
- If you have any of the Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste and/or smell) please don’t visit.
- Please be patient: we have asked this a lot over the past 6 months or so, but this is now more important than ever. Maintaining 2m distance inevitably means that some aspects of shopping with us take a bit longer. We also may impose levels of entry restriction if we find that our store is particularly busy. Our managers have robust criteria in place for initiating these measures. We will endeavour to maintain the current ‘free flow’ in our store, but rest assured that where we think safety might be compromised, we will put that first and ensure that the numbers in our store are suitable to be able to maintain all our precautionary measures and procedures.
As of Friday 24th July the wearing of face covering will be MANDATORY in our store, this is inline with the government ruling.
Please observe this as entry will be refused, this is to protect our staff and customers.
You can now select your Delivery or Collection day in Checkout, this will also indicate the next available day.
Please be aware of stock shortages, we are doing our best with getting more stock as soon as possible.
- Fencing materials – 4 week leadtime on deliveries
- Decking – 2 to 3 week leadtime
- Sand & Aggregates – Coming in but not in usual quantities.
- Plasterboard – 3 week leadtime
- Carcassing Timber – Some lengths in short supply.
Operating Hours w/c 1st June 2020
Monday to Friday 7.30 to 17.30
Saturday 8.00 to 17.30
The following rules will be in place:
- Vehicle entry only to the yard.
- Please join the queue at the gates
- Only 1 person per vehicle will be allowed in the buildings
- Please shop as quick as possible.
- Pay by card where ever possible
- Hand sanitiser is available at entrance and checkouts, please use.
We are currently operating a telephone order & collect service, our gates are closed and will give you a time to pickup your order. Please do not come earlier than we have told you as your order my not be ready.
A website Click & Collect service is also available.
We are also operating a contactless delivery service, we will leave your goods at the front of your house after making contact with you. It will be your responsibility to move into your property.
Our delivery service is currently running at a lead-time of 7 to 8 days.
Please also be aware of stock shortages, we are working very hard to get more stock when it becomes available.
WEBSITE WILL BE CLOSED FOR ALL ORDERS OVER THE WEEKEND
We thank you for your cooperation & stay safe.
From the Management & Staff at Totem